Pages

Wednesday 20 August 2003

When the Fire alarm goes off, you're supposed to run...who would have guessed?

Well, nothing special really happened today, the most exciting thing was when the Fire alarm at work went off. Problem is, I didn't know it was the fire alarm, cuz there's a few machines in the warehouse and they all make ringing noises and stuff when they're stoping/starting, so at first I just assumed it was another one of those. Then after about 20seconds, I was thinking "What the hell? that's weird, the alarm things usually only last a few seconds.." then after a bit of thought, I thought I'd ask someone about it, but when I looked around, no-one was about, which was also weird, cuz they'res always 4 or 5 other people around where I work. It only dawned on me what it was just as I saw this security gurad dude run around the corner, I was about to head for an exit when he said "Oi! the fire alarm has been activated...GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!!!!" I got the idea. Oh well, it was a false alarm anyway, it turns out one of the builders lit up a cig on his break when he shouldn't have (He was directly under a smoke detector at the time, silly bastard lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment