Pages

Friday 22 August 2003

One of those days....

Well, I got off to a great start today, I slept in, so i had to get a Taxi to work to make it on time....only to be told when I got there that they no longer needed me. So I go home only to be phoned a few hours later asking me why I wasn't at work. As it turns out, someone at the factory screwed up. To make up for the work I wasn't able to do today....I have to go in tomorrow. So much for the weekend off I was looking forward to so much...
If they tell me to work on Sunday, I'll be telling them to go and Fuck themselves, so to speak. On a slightly brighter note, my first pay cheque arrived today - £102, not too shabby.
Since I had nothing else planned, I decided to go and pick up a few things for school, like some new shoes (Yes, now we all get to hear about Kushan shoe-shopping! Hurray). Don't worry, I knew exactly what I wanted, I was in and out of the shoe shop in less than 5mins. I can't stand them places anyway, they always give me the creeps. Especially cuz there's ALWAYS some old granny or some young 6 year old kid in them. I'm serious, next time you're in a shoe shop, look around, there's always one or the other...
My dad got ahold of an old PC so he could play Red Alert without bothering me. It's a shite system, Win98, 233Mhz AMD K6, 128Mb RAM, 8GB HDD and a PCI ATI Fury II+. Problem is, I can't get Red Alert to run on the damn thing, it keeps saying something about being unable to allocate the Video Buffer. I looked it up, aparantly, this can be fixed by updating DirectX and the GFX xard drivers. Problem is, I HAVE updated DX (Version 9) and I got the latest versiob of the ATI drivers for that card, but I still keep getting the same error and it's really pissing me off. So as you can see, it's been one of those days, and I was in a bad mood. that's right WAS in a bad mood, but I'm happy now, do you know why? Because of Michelle, that's why. I dunno how she does it, but no matter how down I'm feeling, she always manages to cheer me up, just by talking to me. Everyone needs someone like that, someone to cheer you up when you're feeling shitty, It's weird, I've only really known her for about 2 months now, yet I can't imagine what it'd be like if she wasn't there, I mean, for a start, she's the only person I know that usually stays up later than me when I stay up late (Usually to about 4:15am, sometimes later, to about 6), yet she's usually up before I am and she's on the same frigging Time-zone as me! I dunno how the hell she does it, I wish I knew her secret, cuz I could sre go for some energy right about now (Been working since tuesday, I still count today cuz I still got up really early).
Oh well, School's back as of next friday, and I'm only gonna work sundays from here on in (Sunday = double pay) cuz there's no fricking way I is getting up before I want to 7 days a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment