Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2003

I can program C++, who want's to touch me?...er...correction, what GIRLS want to touch me?:P

..............Anyone?.....Kay?.....Michelle?....*shudders* Nozzy?........Aww c'mon!..........shit............
Well, I decided to start learning C++ today, I've been meaning to do it for quite some time, but, well, things came up, if you know what I mean. Well, I have to do a computing language for my A-level coursework, and HTML isn't allowed as it's too basic or something.
Anyway, it's a lot simpler than I first thought it would be. I mean, ok, I have only scratched the surface, but I spent most of today reading this really good tutorial I found, and I understand all of it, it's scary. In fact, the hardest part was finding a compiler, there's no real helpful information on them out there, or at least, I couldn't find any, but not to worry, I managed to get one that I know how to use, for the most part. I even made my first Program today. It's nothing special, it just displays a message in a command prompt screen, download it here: http://www.7of12.co.uk/Kushan/hello.zip You'll need to run it in a command prompt (To do this, go to Start>All programs>Accessories>Command prompt and then type the location of where you extracted it to, eg "C:\downloads\hello" you don't need the .exe part) cuz Windows auto closes an inactive command prompt and I don't know how to stop that...yet;)
So all in all, I'm quite happy with myself, all you programmers out there are probably thinking what an idiot I am, as that's REALLY basic stuff, but I don't care, cuz this morning, I wouldn't have even known where to start, and no-one helped me at all (I DID try to ask Dante for help, cuz I think he once said that he knew C (Although, I'm not 100% sure about that), when I was looking for a compiler, but he just ignored me, the bastard). I'll learn a little each day, and see how it goes, but so far, so good, now all I really need is some sort of idea for a program, something simple, yet useful, but no worries, I've got months to do this stuff, at the moment, it's more of a hobby:)
Well, not a great deal else happened today, at school, a certain teacher, who everyone hates cuz he's such a bastard, who i got for 2 years (He hated me a lot, he thought I was a no-good waster, just cuz I hated latin, which is what he took me for), who hasn't taught me in 2 years, pulled me off to the side at lunch time...and talked to me...in a nice way....he was being nice to me....that's a first for him, he hates everyone, why me? ESPECIALLY me!...heh, 6th year at my school just get weirder and weirder, but at the same time, better and better:D

No comments:

Post a Comment