Pages

Thursday 29 September 2005

"We're safe with Bush in power" "How so?" "He doesn't know how to push the big red button"

Well damn. Isn't it funny how things can just...change?

Lets see here. Yeah, I missed my lecture today but apparently it was pointless anyway. But I did get an email from someone.
Michael, Kay's boyfriend, no less. In this rather long email telling me to pretty much stay away from her, I noticed that his position on things was rather...different...than I had been told about. And that Kay had pretty much told him about 20% of the truth and left a LOT of shit out, conveniently landing me in a crap light. (Oh but of course, it was all to protect Michael's feelings)

So what did I do? I replied obviously, only I did what I do best these days - I told him the truth. The whole truth.
My email was just as big, if not bigger.

Then I left to go to Chinatown with Vicki, Steve and this other nice girl I haven't had the chance to mention yet - Dee. I'll talk about her later.

So while we're out, I get a phone call. Guess who it was? That's right! The lovely miss Kayleigh. Would you believe it, Michael actually read my email and confronted Kay with it, forcing her to admit that it was actually all true (What I had said) and he even made her phone me to sort shit out. And I think there was some sort of apology in there as well, although it wasn't really worded.
I actually have a whole bunch of respect for the guy now.

And now as the situation stands, Kay still doesn't want to talk to me (surprise, surprise) but it's now perfectly ok if there's a group of people around, so that's a plus and I can even go to her flat, provided I am in Steve's room or something.

And I don't think Michael ever really had any intention of starting anything, Kay pretty much admitted that she was using him as an excuse to get rid of me or some such. Well that plan backfired, didn't it?

So anyway, that's all that cleared up, now onto my day.
I probably should have mentioned Dee before, I met her through the anime society a few days back, she really sound too and a great friend, along with Vicki and Steve.
Who, today, I introduced together today, since Dee actually lives quite close to Chinatown. They got on really well too. No, REALLY well. Well, Vicki and Dee did. Crazy bitches, the pair of them.

Anyhoo, Chinatown wins some more points today due to 2 things.

One, at the back of the store was one of them plastic flappy doorway things, you know the kind I mean, the place where store people hide whenever you ask them to get something for you. The place you're not supposed to go into.
So we never did, until Steve noticed that this one actually had a sign beside it saying "Children welcome as long as they're accompanied by adults". Why would Children go into a store room, we thought. And then we stood, observing closer. Yes, it was definitely a big warehouse storage area filled with all sorts of Chinese things.
And then someone walked in! Someone that didn't work at this particular Chinese shop.
I built up some courage and dived in. Oh how I nearly cried.
As it turns out, this little Chinese store also happened to be a bulk supplier for pretty much every Chinese restaurant/takeaway in Liverpool!

And what did I see before me? I saw Coke. And Fanta. And Tango. And all those good, caffeine enriched products. Not only that, but they were in crates of 24, £6 for a crate. That's £6 for 24 tins of coke or whatever. I used to buy them at my local store at £3.50 for 12. But 24 for £6?!?
And it gets better, it wasn't "locally produced coke" that I don't like (I'm telling you, the coke in Liverpool tastes weird) but it came from Germany! They had actually sold out of coke, but Fanta will do for now. Chinatown wins and wins again.

But there's MORE, yes I'm aware that this is a big fucking entry, but I am nearly done, I promise.

See, apparently, there's some sort of..hostile market in China for Hello pandas.

For there were NO hello pandas in store today.
Instead....they were replaced.....



Who needs Hello Panda when you have....HELLO KOALA!

Right, this is probably one of the biggest entries I've written in a while and I'm glad I can end it and go to bed feeling happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment