Pages

Wednesday 14 September 2005

This day has finally come...

Well...it's here...
It's currently 01:34. 12 hours from now I will be on a plane heading to my new home for the next 4 years.
I really can't say how it's going to be. It could be good or bad, nobody really knows, I guess it just depends on how I handle it and how people there perceive me. University life is a big change for anyone, even if they study university at home, it's an even more daunting thing for those who move to another part of the country on their own.

Right this second it's starting to sink in, when I was packing stuff into Hiromi's carrying bag thing (stuff that I need with me, like software, the MX1000, various pieces of documentation etc.) and I'm looking around my room and seeing all the things I wont be taking with me, like my mini fridge, my sword, piles and piles of software that I've either bought or downloaded and of course...Uber.
I will get him shipped over eventually, but sadly I can't take him with me at first. But then I do have Hiromi for that =)
This is my last night here...still hasn't fully sunk in. I've got a little of that "butterflies" feeling, but it's still not really sank in. I think I was too used to my routine of getting up, doing what I had to do for the day (school, work, shopping, whatever) and then spending the rest of my time on the Computer. I've done it every day near enough for years now. I can't say it feels like a waste, I've certainly had some good times here and it's not like it's going to change. It's the location that will change for that.
All part of growing up I suppose. I think Uni could be a lot of fun. At least I'll be learning stuff that I WANT to learn, all stuff about programming and what-not, stuff I have an interest in.

Oh well I just caught myself on, I was babbling there a bit, wasn't I? Yeah, I guess I really am starting to get nervous. This will be...insane...it really will. But really, when I think long and hard about it...I think it'll be really good. Because all of the things I'm really dreading involve people...People I can avoid, people I don't have to go near, people who I probably wont even see very often anyway. Well almost. But yeah, all things that don't matter in the end.

I had a really nice night tonight, out for a full on slap-up meal with the lads. 16oz of steak. Do you know how much that is? It's a lot. It's also rather tasty.

I'm gonna miss them all. I'm gonna miss my dad. I'm really gonna miss my cat. Oddly enough, I went and sat with him today, he was....shaking...
I dunno what was wrong with him, I think he might have been fighting  or something because he had a few cuts on his face. Nothing serious, but his eyes were watering because of it. It was scary, it was almost as if he was crying or something. I'm gonna miss that guy, I don't care how much of a pussy it makes ME sound, he was one hell of a great cat and I've had him for nearly 10 years.

I suppose I'll miss this place, even with all the trouble and shit, it had it's charms. I have a whole new, much bigger, city to navigate and learn now. Fun.

Yeah, I'm babbling again I know, there is so much I want to say but I just don't know how to say it. I think I'll go and get some sleep now, big big day ahead of me tomorrow.

I just hope it goes well.

It's now nearly 2am. 12 hours exactly from now, my plane will arrive.

0 Days remaining - Liverpool, HERE I COME!

No comments:

Post a Comment