Pages

Sunday 24 April 2005

Hmm....that was close....

I had an interesting thing happen to me while at work.

Allow me to explain, work consists of sitting in this crappy little room with nothing but a radio (THat's radio to call in with, not to listen to), 2 chairs and a Super Ser for heat.

This is what a Super Ser Looks like: for those of you who've never seen one



It's gas powered, as you might imagine.
Anyway, it got rather hot after a while so I turned it off. Then I figured I'd have a kip, having gotton no sleep last night.
So I lean over and sort of fold my arms and place them on top of the super ser. Now on top of the Super Ser is a logbook, just something I fill in to say nobody stoled nothing from the site while I was there. Anyway, I close my eyes and begin to drift off to sleep, pretty quickly too. Then I woke up on the floor with a bit of a headache, not that I noticed cuz I felt all light headed. So I went outside to get some air, after about 10mins I felt the pain in my head, nothing major, I figured I hit my head on the floor when I fell off the thing.

And then I walked back inside and it hit me in the face like a tonne of bricks: GAS.
As it turns out, I was leaning on the button to turn on the gas for the fire, except as I didn't realise it, I wasn't hitting the spark button to ignite it, causing the gas to fill the room, all while I was asleep. I nearly killed myself. Go team Alpha.

No comments:

Post a Comment