Pages

Saturday 23 April 2005

Give into the Dark side....

While at work today, a 12 hour shift stuck inside this damn little box room feeling almost comatose, I began to think about random things.
And then I began to think about killing people, as you do.
Not anyone in particular,  just people in general. Like going on a rampage with a few machine guns and grenades at a shopping centre or something.
And then I came up with this thought that's quite disturbing. At a place like that, it would be incredably easy to drop a hand grenade, unnotoced, into a crowd of busy shoppers.
Think about it, you could do it so easily and in so many places, pull the pin out while it's in your pocket and gently drop it behind you as you walk through the crowd. Grenades can have fuses in excess of 20s, so you could be well out of the way before the fatal explosion. Or even better, in a busy cafe you could just gently roll  the grenade under a table behind you and leave without anyone knowing what happened. Or even a bus, a food store (Just driop one in with the fresh fruit...), anything!
It's a scary thought, I wonder why I came up with it :/

Then I began to think about what would happen if I did go on a mad rampage. I immediately thought about the News bulletins "Teenager from Ireland goes on a shooting spree - Violent Games blamed". They'd jump on that right away, one look at the majority of the games on my computer and  they wouldn't think twice about it, it'd HAVE to be the influence of Counter strike, Doom, Serious Sam and all of those.

So I came to the conclusion that if, for whatever reason, I DID decide to gun down a load of people, I'd write out a little note and leave it at the scene. It'd go something like this:

"Dear everyone,
This rampage was NOT influence by violent computer games, so don't go there.

P.S. I Pwn."

If anything, It'd confuse the fuck out of them ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment