Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2004

You know, I always thought that buildings full of insane people would be white...

And I haven't once seen a white coat walking about either....
Today was more interesting than yesterday, the more people I meet at the place, the more I seem "normal", it's scary :S
So what did I do? Well, for the morning, I pissed about with this cool map thingy they're building, its really detailed and you can zoom in pretty close.
I even found my house (Ignore the extra green, despite what Nozzy may believe, everything in Ireland isn't green, that's just cuz it's a low quality *.jpeg):

Can anyone guess which house it is?
For the afternoon after my  2 hour lunch I sat around...and talked to some people. They were all cool, first one was Jill, a web design student person, fairly normal, and she taught me a few cool things to do in Photoshop as well as a bit of Flash that will come in handy :D
Next up was.....er...some guy, I can't remember his name, but he programmed for an Oracle Database of some sort. Well, that's what he's meant to do, he actually sits there snooping around ebay most of the time.. After him came this woman, who's name I also can't remember, I think it was carol tho, but anyway, she was crazy. See, most of the people on this floor had 2 monitors since they did a lot of design work in Photoshop and stuff, but she didn't. So what does she do to make up for it? She has a second mouse. Yes, she has 2 Mice plugged in, but they both control the same pointer, which is bloddy confusing. But most of her day consists of playing "Mouse wars" with someone else, where basically there's 2 icons and you just gotta click your one, but the other person has to click the other icon using the second mouse, 2 Icons + 2 Mice + only one cursor = crazy office antics.
I gotta get a Job here.

No comments:

Post a Comment