Pages

Monday 15 December 2003

Don't you just love it when corporate bastards get 2 fingers waved at them?

OK, so I'm sure you've all heard about Kazaa light, right? Well, you also may have heard that Sharman, the creators of Kazaa, have tried to shut them down. If you go to the K-lite site, you get a load of crap about other P2P networks, and Kazaa light isn't anywhere to be seen, right? Wrong!
Y'see, the guys behind Kazaa light are clever little bastards, they basically covered their tracks, and disappeared, so to speak, but are they gone? Like hell they are. They've set up another web site, and this time they're being care full about it. Y'see, Sharman told them not to release any more builds of Kazaa Light, so they're not going to. Instead, they're going to PATCH it, which basically means they're updating it, without releasing a new build. Clever.
It gets better, tho, they've also been told not to touch Kazaa 2.6. So they didn't. But what they did do was release a program called "#KLChat" that just happens to look like a clean (i.e. no ads or spyware) version of Kazaa 2.6 with lots of nice little extras. Sharman has well and truly had 2 fingers waved in their face ^_^
Btw, link to the "new" K-lite site is here: http://kppfree.narod.ru/kdown.htm
Anyway, onto my life, I just thought I'd share that info with you all since I love it when people do stuff like that.
I was late for my chemistry exam today, not a great start, but it's not too bad, I think I did really well in it, it seemed easy, and I finished with plenty of time to spare (ok, about 30seconds, but hey, I got it finished, didn't I?). Only being in school for an hour and a half is great....as long as you don't forget your key to get back in when you get home....like I did....which sucked...
I was out of school at about 12:40 (Test started at 11) and home by about 13:20 (Or 1:20Pm to you damn Americans that don't understand "military time" as you all seem to call it) only to realise I couldn't actually get in. No biggie, my dad gets home from work at about 14:15 (2:15Pm), right? Wrong, he decided to go shopping....I didn't get in until about 17:00 (5Pm)....I wanted to kill something...
But, as it turns out, I had a great day today, there's no way I can explain HOW or WHY I had a great day without getting in trouble, not that I would anyway since it's stuff I'd rather keep private, but lets just say that sometimes its more fun telling someone what to do, rather than doing what your told ;)
Business studies Exam tomorrow, I hope it goes ass well as I think today went

No comments:

Post a Comment