Pages

Thursday 11 August 2005

*steals Chaela*

Lets see here.
Last night I went to a poker game with a few friends. I started off with £10.
I lost a few bets at first, but then won a couple of big hands. Then I realised at one point that I had £10.95.
I set aside 90p for bets and pocketed the rest. That way I could say that I won money ^_^

Today was a long day at work.
What happened was we were given a lot to do. Not so much a lot, more that it was spread over a large area, mostly country areas.
So anyway, there was a van on "support", supposedly whoever was driving this would find out who was behind and give them a hand. Today a man called Ashley was doing support.
As it happens, Harry's van (Harry is my driver) had to get serviced last night, so it still hadn't been emptied, so for today we took Ashley's van while Ashley emptied Harry's then took it out for support duties.
The day starts at 07:30.
At 09:00, he told one person that he was too busy to help them. Said person was watching Ashley sit in the van with his feet up as he was speaking to him on the phone.
Later on that day, at about 13:30, when most of the other vans were already back at the Yard finishing, we were still out with quite a few hours of work still left to do. Support was in the Yard too. (The "Yard" is where the MRF lives, where we unload the vans and park them for the next day). Not once did Ashley come anywhere near us or lift so much as one box on our run.
Ashley didn't bother doing most of what he was assigned to do and came back to the Yard with just 3 bags full of plastic. The van is able to hold 12 (actually it's able to hold nearly 20 if you squeeze them in).
We came back with 9 and had given 2 to Davey the support driver. At about 17:30 that is, some 4 hours after Ashley.
When unloading the Van, you're meant to drop off all of the bags then tie new ones on for the next day. Ashley had at least done that for Harry's van. Not surprising considering how early he got back.
We left his van in the middle of the yard, empty. The bastard can fix it up himself in the morning, which will take a good half hour.
But it gets better, due to the fact that he was a little shit today, he's getting more than half of my run to do tomorrow as well as bits from other people. That means that I'll be finishing tomorrow at about 12:30 (at the latest) while he'll still be out at 18:00 (we don't get paid after 16:30). Bastard.
Oh and next time we do the same run, instead of having to do it all, Ashley gets to do most of it for us. ^_^

That was just today, I'll make a proper entry about a proper day some other time, right now I'm going to collapse onto my bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment