Pages

Sunday 8 May 2005

Oh....Rocky!!!

Tonight, on a whim, I went to see a shadow cast performance of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Fucking awesome it was too.
In case you're wondering what a shadow cast is, it's basically a bunch of people acting out the parts of a movie as the movie is played on screen. It's usually done in a cinema.

Rocky being Rocky, they opened the show with the sacrificing of the Virgins. For those of you who are unaware, a "Virgin" is someone who hasn't seen the show live before (i.e. Me).
They get everyone to stand up who hasn't seen it live and then pick 2 people, a man and a woman. Guess who was to be the lucky chosen one....

So there I am on the stage wondering what the fuck was about to happen next, one of the cast asks me to lie on the floor. Next, they get the woman virgin to straddle me by standing over me. Oh fun. Then 2 of the cast grab my arms and legs and proceed to lift me up and down. A virgin I be no longer. And I've got the T-shirt to prove it. Awesomeness ^_^

The show itself was fucking great, I knew the audience participated, but I never knew just how funny it would be, if you're a fan of Rocky and you have yet to see it live, you've seen nothing, it's fucking amazing.

Of course as I knew 2 of the cast, I had to go to the after show bash at one of the cast's houses. And hence why I only returned home at about 7:15am.
An excellent night was had, and to think it all started on a whim too. There's a lot to be said for being spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment