Pages

Friday 2 January 2004

Someone up there just doesn't like me....

I was just beginning to feel better about the recent events in my life and wouldn't you know it, my computer decided to be a cunt.
It decided to uninstall TCP/IP all by itself. Now, it would normally be a case of simply reinstalling said thing, but y'see, it's not meant to be uninstallable in the first place, so you can't reinstall it, all you can do is tell windows to replace the registry keys and well, that didn't help at all. So I couldn't use the internet. For some reason, msn messenger worked, but that's the only thing. I reinstalled this and that but to no avail, it just didn't fix the problem.
On top of that, I kept getting a bunch of memory errors for various apps, INCLUDING messenger, the only thing that worked.
All I could do was reinstall windows, which I seriously dreaded, the last time I had to reinstall windows, it gave me all sorts of errors and shit, and I only just managed to install it, it sorta fluked and installed. But I was running out of options, I HAD to attempt to reinstall, I mean, it had to work, right? Nothing else could possibly go wrong, could it?
Wrong, the install fucked up, and not only that, it fucked up my original installation at the same time so I couldn't even run messenger, and to make things worse, the CD had some sort of booting error, so a fresh install was out of the question.
After getting extremely pissed with various things, I somehow managed to get XP installing, only problem it was on my other hard disk, so I have to start from scratch again. So that was my day today, me panicking a lot, getting frustrated with everything and almost throwing the computer out the window. And tomorrow will be pretty much the same too, since I gotta reinstall EVERYTHING....I need one of 2 things, either a new PC or a gun...

No comments:

Post a Comment