Pages

Saturday 31 December 2005

Happy new year!

It's new years eve, so in case I forget to say: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

About an hour ago I got a text message from my brother, it read something like this:

"STEVE LEND ME AND LIZ 20 POUNDS YOU WILL GET IT BACK ON THE 6TH"

Apparently both the caps lock button on his phone AND the word "please" went missing today.

Now, piss poor manners aside, this seems  like a genuine call for help. However this same person spent £200 on a new TV on boxing day. One that he couldn't fit into his flat. One that he didn't need since he already had a 24" screen in his living room, lets not forget that the aforementioned "Liz" is his fiancĂ© and rather heavily pregnant.

I decided it would be best to not give him the £20. Not just because I feel he needs to learn to manage his money, but mainly because I go back on the 7th and to the best of my knowledge, my brother doesn't have any other form of income due any time soon. The 6th is all too convenient a date, it would be so very easy for him to miss said date and then not have a chance to give me that money because the next day I would be too busy packing and stuff.

So I responded "Sorry, I don't have it". Not quite true, not quite false. While I do have £20 in my wallet, I can't really risk not getting that money back.

His response came quickly:

"TANKS MATE YOUR A BIG HELP"

Seems that Gratitude and Manners are both missing. Maybe the Caps lock key kidnapped them.


Lets hope that this is the last example of the "bad" side to 2005, because quite frankly it was a good year for the most part and I intend on making sure 2006 is even better ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment