Pages

Monday 31 May 2004

So THAT'S what engineers do....

I went to work the other day. Supposedly, it was meant to be from 8pm to 8am, but at about 20 past 8, while on site, they rang me asking me if I could stay on 'till 4....
So 20 hours at a building site for some water treatment plant, how fun. Annoyingly, there was a TV there, but it was about 30 years old, wasn't even in colour and only picked up a single channel. How exciting.
At about 7am, someone actually arrived, some sort of engineer person, he had a laptop with him and what seemed to be his own little office thing.
He seemed to wander around back and forth around the site for about 2 hours before coming back to his office, where I presumed he was going to do some work I probably wouldn't understand.
About 20mins later, a loud noise emanated from his room, a sort of "uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuUUUUUUURRRRRMMMMMMMM". And surprisingly I knew what it was. That's right ladies and gents, the engineer was playing none other than Pinball, the shitty...pinball game that comes with Windows 2000, ME and XP. And he played it for quite some time. Go him, he was likely getting paid 3 or 4 times what I was for the same level of work - nothing.
So anyhoo, back to the present. I was told to make a web layout in PS, so I did: http://7of12.co.uk/kushan/layouts/first/main.html don't worry, I'm aware of all the glitches and errors in it, it was my first go at it and I was concentrating on splicing it and such rather than making it look good. which was hopeless as the tutorial I randomly picked  was pretty specific through it all.
Now I'm working on something myself which will be all my own creation, lets hope it turns out good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment