Pages

Tuesday 2 May 2006

The Cat returns

Since I arrived here, every time I've been inside HMV, Virgin, Music zone, or anywhere that sells DVD's, I've always looked at a certain DVD.

The cat returns.

I've always picked it up, looked at the box and thought "Heh...there's a big cat on the back, it must be cool", but I never actually bought it.

Well that changed today. I finally took the plunge and forked out £15 for it, a little expensive for a DVD but the price has always been around that for this film for some reason.

Well it's safe to say, it was money well bloody spent.

Without a doubt, it's now one of my top favourite films of all time.

It's just...so good! And it's a family film!

It has a whole bunch of kick ass characters, like this guy:



He's called "The Barron" and he's one bad ass dude!
He's like Puss in Boots, except he's in a suit and just kicks ass again and again.

There's also his fat friend (in the middle):



He's called Muta and he's also pretty Bad ass too, but he's nothing on the Baron.

To my surprise, even the English dubbing was perfect. It had some pretty kick ass people in it, Like Tim Curry (Dr Frankfurter from Rocky Horror), Rene Auberjonois (Odo from Deep Space Nine) and even Elliott Gould (Ross and Monica's Dad, from Friends).
The whole film is just...so God damn good, I can't stress it enough. I normally don't buy stuff if I can download it, but I would gladly buy this again if something happened to my DVD, and tomorrow I plan on buying "Whisper of the Heart", an earlier (but somewhat unrelated) film featuring the Baron.

So if you haven't seen this film, for shame. Go out now and buy it, watch it with your family or friends and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.
By the way, that wasn't a suggestion, it was an order.

The cat returns wins the following awards:

Best Impulse buy of 2006 (so far)
It gets a 5/5 on the Kushan scale of goodness (See Here for an explanation of that)
100 of Russel's points, plus an additional +100 for having The Baron in it for a total of +200.
And of course, the most prestigious award of them all:
A thumbs up from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment