Pages

Wednesday 18 January 2006

SuperfastLJtobringeveryoneuptospeed

Finished hangman coursework. It came out quite well.
Steve bought me a crossbow, how cool is that? Only problem is it's a bit too powerful but a screw or two will fix that.

My stuff arrived for my DS.
It looks like this:


I'm sure you're wondering what all that stuff is!
Well, from the top left going clockwise:

A USB2 Extension cable
A GBA Flash cart (with some batteries below it)
Driver disk
An SD card.
A USB SDcard reader.
A DS Passme with SD reader.
A GBA card reader/writer.

And what is all this for, I hear you ask?

Well it's simple really.
You plug the GBA flash cart into the GBA card reader/writer and this allows you to write GBA roms you can download off the internet for free.
No more buying GBA games for me! I can just download whatever, flash it to the cart and plug that into my DS. Sorted.

Of course, Nintendo got wise to this by the time the DS came about and they added a sort of verification thingy, so that only authentic DS Games would load. Not to be outwitted so easily, the good ol' Chinese hacks found a way around it and that's what the "Passme" is for.
It's simple really, the Passme plugs into the DS and into the back of the Passme there are 2 slots. One for an SD card (the very same types used in a lot of digital cameras and mobile phones) and the other slot is for an actual DS game. This fools the DS into thinking that you are using a real game and not some strange device from China.
The SD card is for storing your DS roms (once again, freely available off the interweb) and for storing backups of your saves.
No more buying DS games for me!

Speaking of fooling electronics, I somehow managed to make my PC think it was a Wireless router.
So rather than have my PC and my Laptop talking to each other as 2 PC's (which is very slow an inefficient), one now thinks it's a proper wireless router and the other is quite happy to talk to it at full speed without half as many problems as I had before.
And it only took me about 8 hours to get it to work, too!

*collapses*

No comments:

Post a Comment