Pages

Saturday 5 March 2005

Yet another friend's 18th....

So once again it was another 18th except this one was big. Big party at the guy's house, BBQ and shit. It was great craic too. His parents were really sound about it, they supplied lots of booze, cups and shit as well as all the stuff for the BBQ and lit a big fire in a barrel out the back to keep everyone warm and didn't mind all the drinking as long as nobody got TOO fucked.
Their only condition was that they were there to make sure nobody got hurt and stuff which you kinda gotta admire.
But most of my night was spent as usual running around making sure everyone was ok. Kinda like the formal except there was no problems or anything tonight, everyone was good and stuff so I just like went to the shop for people and handed out the food and stuff. Kinda sad really, but I like doing it. Unlike before at the formal when I was yearning for a bit of company now I'm alright.
Which is odd because company is something I still want. I mean I have a Girlfriend but I haven't seen a lot of her. I forgot to mention she found out last sunday that her mum has cancer, lukemia. Yeah I know, this is weird it's like so much bad stuff seemed to happen to her recently and I'm busy passing out crisps to my mates....fuck...
But tha'ts the problem, there's nothing I can do for her which really pisses me off.
I'm planning to see her on monday, just going to the cinema or something. Maybe I can make her feel better.
The problem here is that quite simply, me and her aren't going to last for ever and ever. But she's getting so damn dependant on me, I can't break it off now to prevent more pain in the future, all I can do is go along with it, cheer her up and make her happy and be an all around nice guy that I am and hope that something comes along, that I begin to love her or that she begins to love someone else or something.
Tonight I ended up "counceling" another girl called Paula. She's in some of my formal pics. Actually she's probably one of the best looking girls in it and she's even got an amazing personallity to boot.

But she's fallen into the trap that so many people fall into. There's this guy, a so-called friend of mine Called Gary. Also pictured in my formal pics. He's the one with the lip ring.
Now Gary is a nice sound guy, but as a boyfriend he's a cunt. He's just after one thing, but he's so damn good looking and confident he will get it.
And that's what he did with Paula. And a fuckload of other women. Now Paula, even though she could literally have any guy she wanted, has went back and forth with Gary because he knows the lingo, he has the looks and all that. And her problem is that she puts herself way below him and thinks he's way out of her leauge. Truth be told, my left testicle is out of Gary's leauge, he's a complete cunt when he's drunk and treats women like shit.
She's too busy thinking she's not good enough and that everyone else expects stuff of her that she's forgotton totally about looking out for herself.
Alot of my friends are in similar situations, so many of them are unhappy. When out and about it's all great, but you, or at least I, can tell there's problems. Alot of the time I can almost pinpoint it too. Yeah this is gonna sound like bollocks now, but I just have this...ability to know what is going on with people. I'm not saying I'm pshycic or any balls like that, I guess I can just read people really well.
And something inside me tells me to try to help them...

No comments:

Post a Comment