Pages

Thursday 10 March 2005

Results

I got my results back for the exams I did in January. When added up, everything is as follows:

I now I a full A-level in Business studies at Grade C.
My AS Biology went up to a C

What that means is, counting up the points I CURRENTLY have, it goes like this:

Business (Full A-level) - 80 points
Biology (AS only) - 40 Points
ICT (AS Only) - 60 points

Now that's what I currently DEFINATELY have.

You know how many points I need to get into University? 180.

I shit you not.
But guess what, I have more to go:

I have the rest of ICT to go, another possible 60 (for a total of 120) when I do the full A-level.
I have biology...eehhh...not expecting much from that, might get myself an extra 10 points or something.
I have Key skills Numeracy, if I bother to spend like 2 hours on a portfolio, I get another 20 points.
Also, for PASSING ICT, I get ICT Key skills, another 20 points for getting an E grade overall or better. Here's the thing, AS grades are out of 300 points (240+ = A, 210 = B and so on) and the Full A-level is out of 600 points, with 300 counting from the Original AS.
An E in the Full A-level is 240 or higher out of 600. So I've pretty much already got ICT Key skills. Shove those 20 points up there for a grand total of 200 points before I've even finished school.

Now guess who's a happy chappy?

No comments:

Post a Comment