Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2007

Well, that's not good...

We just had a bit of a team meeting.
Apparently, Telcogames isn't actually doing all that well. A bunch of people in the office got notices yesterday, some are leaving in 2 months, others have up to 6 or 12 months...
I think my job is safe, I was taken aside with 2 other guys yesterday before anyone else found out.
It's a shame, it's nobody's fault that the business didn't make enough money, it's just the way things roll. All I can say is that I'm quietly grateful that they didn't just axe me because I'm a student and less important.
But then again, maybe it's because they know I'll be leaving in about 10 months and they're only paying me a pittance compared to what they'd pay a professional to do the same job.
None the less, I feel bad for all of the people here that will lose their Jobs, I've only known them a month yet I get on with every single one of them.
I can honestly say that this is the best Job I've ever had, that I feel so out of place working here because even though I'm doing menial data entry crap a lot of the time, there's no real pressure, everyone is nice and I don't begrudge doing it.
I just hope that everyone who's leaving lands on their feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment